Monday 29 September 2008

Found Dialogue: Txt msgs

Ok so having an alphabetically prominent name can occasionally lead to the odd unexpected Brucie-bonus, for instance receiving texts intended for other people. Here's two I got on Friday, that provide two very different windows on the world(s) my friends live in;

"Yo baby. The photo does not do it justice. I cant tell what there is. Was the cray fish and coleslaw? love you x"

I can't decide if this is sweet or depressing. Does this couple have nothing better to do than send low resolution photos of their lunches to each other? Do they do this often? You think they keep all the photos catalogued in date order? Weird perhaps, but not nearly as troubling as this next gem;

"Im bk at mine wat u doin i left man tht maty was dodgy n kept givin me evils u stayin there"

That's it. Zero punctuation. A text that shows obvious signs of both drug-induced paranoia and state school inscribed academic laziness. If I weren't so renowned for my philanthropic nature I'd say this cock-pocket probably deserves to rot in Rodbourne.

Alex B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably the only texts you recieve?